Hey! I’m Leana, founder and content creator of Keto Coffee and Lipstick. I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I love cooking, baking, and all things coffee and girly things. I’m a sucker for motivational quotes, an advocate of self-care and mental health awareness. I also enjoy “ketofying” traditional Filipino food and desserts. The first Filipino dessert that I ketofied is this yummy Ube Cheesecake.
I enjoy helping others by showing them that that a low carb lifestyle doesn’t have to be limiting, it just takes a bit of creativity and experimenting. Lots of experimenting 🙂 My weightloss journey started way before 2018. Having 3 kids has really changed my body, but having success with keto in the past, I already knew what I needed to do. Here, I share all things keto and more!
The photo on the left was taken when I restarted keto. I had just had my third child and was ready to get back to it and focus on me and my health and wellness. It’s amazing how much keto has changed my life… not just physically, but mentally and emotionally too!
“The real transformation comes from within and thanks to keto, I am more happy and healthy!“
What sparked you to try the ketogenic diet? What sparked me to try the keto way of eating was that I could still enjoy all the yummy, delicious foods like bacon, steak, cheese, and cake! Omg aaaaaand cake!
What keeps you motivated? The biggest transformation and what keeps me motivated to continue this keto lifestyle, has been the mental transformation. I feel my best when I stick to keto. No more headaches, foggy brain, inflammation and anxiety symptoms have gotten a lot better, too. What also motivates me, is that by following this lifestyle, I’m able to prevent diabetes, which runs deep in my Filipino roots.
What is one piece of advice you would give to someone just starting out on Keto? Keep it super simple. Do your research and see how you can incorporate it into your lifestyle.
“I didn’t want “having kids” to be an excuse for being unhealthy, tired and bloated all the time. Instead, it became my reason, my WHY I needed to be healthy, strong, happy and the best version of myself.”
12 random facts about me:
1. I am a mama of three – ages 8, 7, and 2. Can’t forget our first (fur) baby, he’s a 13 year old shihtzu named Chowder.
2. At the age of 16, my first job was working as a food server at Safeco Field during Mariner’s Baseball Games. I also worked at the Sanrio store at the mall. I will always love Hello Kitty, Keroppi and Pochacco!
3. Baking is my therapy. But, I’m actually a savory over sweets kinda gal. I just really enjoy baking and find it relaxing.
4. Spicy food is my jam. When eating out, 5 stars every time, if it were up to me. If my lips aren’t burning or I’m not sweating my face off, it’s not hot enough.
5. Growing up, I played the piano and was a little ballerina. I also played basketball throughout middle school and high school.
6. I have a love for all things beauty – hair, makeup, skincare. I would have been a MAC girl, but quickly realized I can only do my own makeup and suck at doing other people’s! My side hustle in high school and college was braiding hair… them Alicia Keys days. Want fancy cornrows? I got you!
7. I am a UW Alumni (Go Huskies!) and have a master’s degree in Social Work. In my previous career, I worked as a child and family mental health therapist. Domestic violence and sexual assault was my area of focus and training. I’ve always had a passion for helping people and spreading awareness and resources about domestic violence and sexual assault prevention.
9. I love ube everything! It’s super fun trying to “ketofy” Filipino desserts. With limited ingredients, the don’t always turn out the exact same, but definitely satisfies the cravings!
10. My husband and I have been together for 20 years, married for 10. He’s my best friend and always supports and loves me at any size, shape or form.
11. Fall is my favorite season. I love the crisp, cool, fresh air in the PNW and seeing the colors of the leaves change. Autumn in Seattle is so pretty! Also, because pumpkin spice everything.
12. I’m a Capricorn. Born the year of the rat! I’m pretty outgoing, cheerful, and social (or at least try my best to be) and find it easy to get along with people. I do however enjoy being a homebody too… Netflix and chill always sounds like a fun night with the fam!
Listen to me talk about all things keto and a little more about what motivates me to continue this lifestyle:
All you can change is yourself, but sometimes that changes everything.Gary Goldstein
It doesn’t get easier, you get better.Unknown
Whether you think you can or think you can’t, your right.Henry Ford
Please note that Ketocoffeeandlipstick.com has financial relationships with certain merchants mentioned. Affiliate links may be used and commission earned in this post. While all attempts are made to present correct information, it may not be appropriate for your specific circumstances and information may become outdated. Learn more here. Copyright © 2019. All Rights Reserved.
FOR COLLABORATIONS CONTACT LEANA@KETOCOFFEEANDLIPSTICK.COM