I’ve always loved Halloween. Especially when I get to play with food and make fun, spooky treats for the family!
Low carb, keto-friendly chocolate cupcakes topped with a homemade white chocolate buttercream frosting… and strawberry “blood!”
TO MAKE THE CAKE
- The keto mix I used here is Swerve Chocolate Cake Mix. Prepared as instructed on the package. In addition to this mix you’ll need:
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil (I prefer melted butter)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 10 drops O’s concentrate (10% off with code ketocofffeeandlipstick-10)
TO MAKE THE WHITE CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temp
- ½ cup sugar free white chocolate chips (10% off with code: ketocoffeeandlipstick)
- 2 cups powdered monkfruit sweetener
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
While cupcakes are baking, prepare frosting. In a small bowl, microwave white chocolate chips for 60 seconds. Let chocolate rest for 1-2 minutes then stir until smooth and chips are completely melted. If needed, heat for an additional 15 seconds, stir. Let chocolate cool completely. In a separate large bowl, cream butter with a mixer and gradually add in powdered monkfruit sweetener until completely combined. Add heavy cream and continue mixing. Add in melted white chocolate then mix for 2-3 minutes until frosting is well combined, smooth and fluffy.
TO MAKE THE SPOOKY BLOOD
Sorry, SKULL DECOR not edible, purchased at Target!