YES – this is keto, low carb, gluten free and sugar free!
It’s Summer and the ice cream cravings are real. I got this ice cream maker and am loving making my own ice cream. A lot of these new keto ice creams that are popping up in stores are not cutting it for me… most of them are too chalky and the flavors are just off. But really, why do they all cost an arm and a leg!?
My husband is a vanilla lover… anywhere we go for ice cream, 98% of the time he gets vanilla. As it was churning, I threw some mini chocolate chip cookies. Topped with extra cookies and chocolate covered gummy bears that I made with melted Choc Zero squares and sugar free gummy bears.
It was perfect and taste exactly how I expect ice cream to taste like… no weird protein powder texture and after taste! 🤗 My family devoured this so fast, I need to make more already!
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Mine is Jamoca (from Baskin Robbins) or any coffee ice cream… are you not surprised?! 🤣
Keto Ice Cream Ingredients
1 cup half and half
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4 tbsp sweetener
3 egg yolks
1 scoop collagen powder
Pinch of salt
1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Add your heavy cream, half and half, sweetener, pinch of salt to a saucepan and bring to a boil then lower heat.
- Add your egg yolk to a medium bowl and whisk a bit. Then slowly add some hot milk mixture to the yolks and whisk it all together until well combined. This process will help the eggs not scramble. We don’t want scrambled ice cream! LOL
- Whisk in the egg mixture to the saucepan and add the collagen powder. Continue whisking until liquid mixture thickens a bit.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, transfer to a container and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Take your ice cream maker and st it up. Place liquid into ice cream maker and mix until it sets. Allow ice cream to churn until you reach your desired consistency.
If you evenly divide the ice cream into 4 smaller containers, macros will be:
4g carbs, 21g fat, 6g protein, 230 cals/ per container.
Ice cream base adapted from @lowcarblexx go check her highlights for more details!