Low carb, gluten free and diabetic-friendly DONUTS?! Yasss!!
Donuts have been on my mind lately, probably since I haven’t baked keto donuts since last Spring! Don’t ask me what took so long to make these delicious donuts again!
These keto donuts are so fun to make, especially since they are made with a simple donut base and you can have fun with all the toppings your keto heart desires.
Plain donut base:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener (I used this one)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix together melted butter and sweetener.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla extract and mix some more
- Add the eggs and blend, blend, blend… until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and continue to mix.
- Spoon into well-greased donut molds and bake at 350° for 15-18 mins, until lightly browned.
You can have all the fun here and top your donuts however you want! Here are four donut toppings my family loves and we highly suggest when making these plain donuts!
Vanilla Glaze :
1 cup powdered sugar substitute (I used this one)
1 tbsp milk (heavy cream or unsweetened almond milk). Note: You may need to add a little more milk until you get the right consistency!
1 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Maple Bacon Donuts: Icing is made with One On One Flavors maple syrup concentrate (10% off with code: ketocoffeeandlipstick-10)
- Cinnamon Sugar Donuts: classic Lakanto and cinnamon
- Pumpkin Spice Donuts: Pumpkin Spice Cookie Clusters from Lolli’s (10% off with code: ketocoffeeandlipstick)
- Sprinkle Donuts: Sugar free sprinkles from the lovely @thesprinklecompany