Filipino-style, low carb, keto-friendly spaghetti.
What is Filipino Spaghetti?
Filipino spaghetti is a sweet, spaghetti sauce with hotdogs and cheese. Yes, it’s a thing – and even sold at McDonald’s and Jollibee – thing!
A childhood favorite that remains a comfort food til this day. Even my kids love it!
How do you make Filipino Spaghetti?
The steps to Filipino spaghetti is similar to making regular spaghetti. However, the addition of banana ketchup, hotdogs and cheese are what makes this dish unique. Unfortunately, banana ketchup is not keto-friendly, so I’ve made a few adjustments to satisfy that Keto Filipino spaghetti craving.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2-3 hot dogs, sliced
- 1 bottle of low carb marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp low carb sweetener
- 2 tbsp sugar free ketchup
- 2 tsp liquid aminos
- 10 drops of garlic concentrate (10% off with code ketocoffeelipstick-10)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shirataki noodles
- In a large saucepan, heat oil. Add sliced hot dogs and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking into small pieces until lightly browned. Drain excess fat.
- Add low carb marinara sauce, ketchup, liquid aminos, garlic concentrate. Stir in sweetener.
- Bring to a boil and then lower the heat. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes. If sauce is getting too thick, add water in 1/2 cup increments, as needed.
- Add in the hot dogs and season with salt and pepper.
- Wash and drain shirataki noodles.
- In a separate pan, dry fry shirataki noodles until there is no more water in the pan.
- To serve, pour spaghetti sauce over shirataki noodles and top with shredded cheese.