Nothing like a good ‘ol ice cream cake to celebrate any birthday or satisfy that sweet tooth craving! We used to get ice cream cakes for all the birthdays from Dairy Queen or Baskin Robins – but they are all full of sugar and not so healthy, so from now on I’ll be making keto-friendly ice cream cakes for all our birthdays! You can too!!
This keto ice cream cake has a vanilla caramel poke cake with chocolate chip cookies and a coffee flavored ice cream layer topped with more chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cups, milk chocolate squares and chocolate syrup.
Who said cutting carbs and sugar was so hard?! 😉
I remember when I used to have to make everything from scratch to keep it low carb and keto-friendly… Cakes, cookies, and even ice cream! Staying on track is so much easier and convenient now with so many low carb and keto-friendly products… YES – cake and cookie mixes and even keto ice creams can be found at most grocery stores these days, but more conveniently online and delivered right to you.
To make this ice cream cake, you’ll need a springform baking pan where the bottom pops out – It’s the same pan you’d use when making a cheesecake.
KETO VANILLA CARAMEL POKE CAKE
- Vanilla cake mix (Use code LA10 for 10% off)
- Caramel Syrup (Use code KETOCOFFEEANDLIPSTICK for 10% off)
KETO ICE CREAM
- 2 Pints of Coffee & Cream Ice Cream from Enlightened Keto Collection
- You can use any keto-friendly ice cream. I really like this whole collection. All their flavors are so good and creamy!
- Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups and Chocolate Squares (Use code KETOCOFFEEANDLIPSTICK for 10% off)
- Chocolate Chip Mini Cookies
- Chocolate Syrup (Use code KETOCOFFEEANDLIPSTICK for 10% off)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease springform cake pan.
- Prep and bake cake mix as instructed on the package.
- Allow cake to cool then using a straw, poke holes in the cake.
- Fill holes with caramel syrup then freeze cake for at least an hour.
- As you place cake in the freezer, take out ice cream to soften on the counter.
- Optional: crumble keto cookies on top of cake before adding ice cream layer.
- Pour ice cream over cake and spread ice cream evenly. Freeze ice cream cake for at least 3 hours or overnight to allow ice cream cake to solidify properly!
- Before serving, add toppings. I added chopped peanut butter cups, chopped chocolate squares, crumbled chocolate chip cookies and finished it off with drizzled chocolate syrup.
This was soooo simple and easy to make. The hardest part was waiting to eat it! You can mix up any keto cake mix and ice cream flavors and toppings your heart desires!
For more dessert ideas, click here.
- S’MORES CHEESECAKE
- KETO LUMPIA NACHOS
- COFFEE MILKSHAKE
- NO BAKE FRUITY CEREAL CHEESECAKE
- KETO BANH MI PIZZA