Pumpkin dump cake is an EASY recipe that will be your new favorite Fall dessert! Made with keto cake mix – which cuts the prep time! I’ve transformed our traditional pumpkin dump cake and made it keto, low carb, gluten-free and diabetic-friendly… This pumpkin dump cake is so good, even our non-keto family and friends can’t get enough of it!
So, what’s a dump cake anyway? Apparently it was made popular in the 80s – You basically dump in a few cans of fruit in a pan and cover it with cake mix and butter and bake it. That’s how our grandmas and moms made them! This is the same idea, only we’re ditching the fruit cans and saying HELLOOOOO PUMPKIN!
First, you dump a can of pumpkin, cream, sugar, eggs and a few other ingredients into a bowl and mix it together. Grease your baking pan then pour pumpkin mixture into the pan.
Then, just open the cake mix bag and spread it over the pumpkin mixture. Top with cinnamon and sliced pieces of cold butter and that’s it! If you like nuts, add pecans or crushed macadamias for added crunch and texture!
- 1 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cups Powdered Sugar Replacement (10% off with code: LA10)
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 bag Vanilla Keto Cake Mix (10% off with code: LA10)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) Butter, cold
- Optional: Pecans and Macadamia nuts
- Cake pan – I used an 8×8 baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, heavy cream, eggs, powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into your prepared pan.
- Sprinkle entire bag of keto cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture.
- Add sliced pieces of butter all over the cake mix – it doesn’t need to be perfect!
- Add nuts – I placed pecans halves all around and sprinkled chopped macadamia nuts.
- Bake for 45-50 mins, until center is set and edges are golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temp. Enjoy!