Growing up eating all the delicious Filipino food my parents cooked, I wasn’t introduced to Thai food until maybe High School when I started exploring different types of Asian cuisine with friends. That’s when I realized how much I loved spicy food and how not a lot of Filipino foods are spicy at all.
Yes, my parents made a Filipino-style curry, but we didn’t have the option of red, yellow or green curry. It was a simple coconut based soup with chicken, carrots, green/red peppers and potatoes. Still incredibly delicious! I’ll need to make it someday.
Here, we have a Thai red curry that was surprisingly more simple to make than I could have imagined. To create the foundation of this red curry, you simply need two ingredients, red curry paste and canned coconut milk. You can find these ingredients at any Asian market. Sometimes, even Walmart has them in the Asian aisle.
There’s a recipe listed on the label of the Aroy-D red curry paste. I simply used that as a guideline replaced the palm sugar with a keto-friendly sugar replacement and threw this Thai red curry together. You can also replace the chicken with your choice of meat or tofu.
Serves 2. I’d double or triple this recipe as a meal prep. Leftover curry is so yummy!
- 2 3/4 tbsp Aroy-D red curry paste
- 2 cups Canned coconut milk
- 4 tbsp oil (coconut or avocado oil)
- 1 cup Chicken thighs or chicken breast
- 1/2 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar replacement (10% off with code, LA10)
- 1 cup Eggplant
- 1/2 cup Red and green peppers
- Basil leaves
- Fresh Thai chillis (optional)
- 1/2 cup Water
- Stir coconut milk with your choice of oil at medium heat.
- Add curry past and keep stirring together for about 2 mins.
- Add chicken, fish sauce, sugar, water. Stir and allow to boil for 10 mins.
- Add eggplant, red and green peppers and allow to cook for another 5 mins or until eggplants are soft.
- Add in some basil leaves and optional fresh Thai chillies for extra spice.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or low carb noodles!
Enjoy! Follow me on Instagram and say HI 🙂 @ketocoffeeandlipstick
- From Carbs to Keto
- RED VELVET CHEESECAKE BARS
- BLOODY KETO CUPCAKES
- PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- KETO KRATE-OCTOBER 2020